Wednesday 7 May 2014

Part one of my broken toe adventure

"Its well and truly deformed" these were the words the nurse said to me and I freaked out.
 
Right so down to the back story. Me and the boyfriend was messing about play fighting and I went to kick him he moved and *bam* I kicked the god damn wall *ouchy*
                                                   right big toe picture when happened
As sion as it happened I started to roll around in pain, my boyfriend at first thought I was messing around. AS SOON AS HE SAW MY TOE  he new I wasnt kidding, it was twisted 45 degrees with skin caught in between the bone it is by far one of the most painful things that have ever happened to me and ive done alot of things (spilt my knee open my ear my head etc)
But never have I broken a toe it was the most agonising pain ive ever felt.
 
My boyfriend freaked out and rang a ambulance *he was freaking out so bad lol*. At rhw time he was on the phone I waa burning up so much I was sweating scared and in pain but because he lives in the middle of nowhere and there isnt many ambulances about they made me go to a&e they told us to go to russlesore but we just went to kiddy.
 
When we got to the hospital they said if I needed a xray I would have to go back tomorrow but because my toe was soooo broken they said I needed to get have a emergency xray at wostershire royal hospital. we sat waiting for so long *the que for the doctors was ages*
Once we was called in the nursw sent me syraight to the xray room *she didnt even look at my foot once* we had the xrays taken nice and quick as was sent straight back to the waiting room where once again we waited ages.
 
 
                                                      deformed big toe on the right foot

Soon as we was called back in the nurse told us that my toe was badly disfigured and she didnt know if she should risk trying to pull it back into place *because im miles away from home* so she rang the bone doctor and they said because I was so far from home she should pull it back into place so I can travel home then see a bone doctor back in london for a operation.
 
So she came over with some local anisteic which I can tell you eas more pain full then actually deforming my toe. So this needle was rather huge and she had to put it in the broken part of my yoe to numb it she somthing called a ring block this bassicly means she put the needle in one side of my food and the other it causes a ring which numbs the broken area.
When this was happening I was crying my eurs out this is by far so painful it a pain which is constant even after the needle has stoped. the nurse said we had to wait about ten mins so we did then she came back and pulled the bones back to place *I didnt feel a thing*
Although my boyfriend almost fainted but he was ok he stuck by me the whole way from the second it had happened.
 
                                                    right foot toe after being set again
 
Once she set my foot she sent me for another xray which looked ten times better then what it did before. She put all my xrays on a disk then sent me on my way with crutches my n3xt step is waiting to see a fracture doctor in the fracture clinc
Untill then im left hoping about and crying with pain ..
 
as soon as I know more you shall too.
Demi  

No comments:

Post a Comment