Tuesday 31 March 2015

moving


 

hey everyone
 its not my usual type of posts today but I wanted to talk about my big move from London to Shropshire it was such a massive change me for me staring in a new place only knowing one person (my boyfriend ) I wanted to write this post for the people out there who also like me have made a massive change for either themselves or the one they love.
 
after being with matt for over a year doing the whole long distance thing we decided it was time to live together seeing as when I wasn't working I was pretty much living here anyway, so after our first holiday to Ibiza together we took the step and moved in.
(photos are from the web)
 
when I moved down here at first (for 5 months) it was really hard I couldn't get a job anywhere, I didn't know anyone, have any friends and was so far away from my family it was killing me inside. you see I'm the type of person who, as soon as I left school I was working a week later and spent so much time with my brother and family.
 
as I was really struggling to find a job I decided it maybe the best idea if I signed up to the apprenticeship program with a collage as I thought it maybe the best idea for me as I wasn't having the best of luck with finding a job at all and, I'm so happy I signed up to the program as I have such a amazing job that I am so good at, my job title is apprentice pharmacy dispenser.
 
after sadly devolving social anxiety from being in a house for 5 months with no interaction from another people apart from matt and his family I was terrified of going to interviews for a job but when this pharmacy job came up I forced myself to stand out and be the best I could to get this job to help me get out of this stupid funk I was in I needed to get my life together and start making a career for myself for the future, this apprenticeship opens up a incredible amount of opportunity's for me as level 2 gives me a health care qualification in which I then either go on and do level three and become a pharmacy technician or I can continue on with something different, seeing as I've only ever done hairdressing I thought it would be incredibly hard as it takes a lot of patients and concentration but it turns out I'm REALLY good at it.
 
now I've been working in this job for almost three months I feel a lot my settled unlike before I was on edge and scared to leave the house. But now I'm happy and loving my life right now I have a great boyfriend who looks after me and treats me great, and loving family who have supported me within my move, and a great little team that I work with at work who I am really close with and who understands I am crazy and moody and lovable.
 
I've made a few friends while I've been up here who are absolutely amazing and friendly it may not be as many as I had back home in London but when you get older you don't need a lot of friends you just need those few friends who you connected with and who invite you into there little circles.
 
 
for anyone intrested in a apprenticeship anywhere within the uk here is the link:
 
for anyone interested in Shropshire or the midlands
head to Birmingham metropolitan collage or a local collage that offers apprenticeships
 
 
demi
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new job! Shropshire must be a world away from living the London lifestyle :)

    Shropshire Bloggers
    Angela - Garden Tea Cakes and Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I found your blog on bloglovin. Where you live is such a beautiful part of Shropshire and I'm glad you are settling in :-)

    Becky
    Fadulous Blog

    ReplyDelete