Monday 23 March 2015

sculpt and contour review

make up revolution contour, highlight and blush

 

recently I discovered makeup revolution, its a newish brand out and incredible prices as low as £1.00, I've read and heard amazing things about this particular brand of makeup such as it being amazing pricing, durability and most of all INCREDIBLE dupes for mac and sleek makeup.
 
 
now I've always had that goodness and the annoyingness of having a December birthday, now everyone can obviously see why having a December birthday would be frustrating. I have to wait a whole year for my birthday and Christmas, but, its also amazing because its that time of year where all the makeup and beauty gift boxes come out so I have a great selection of make up every year.
and this birthday (last year)I was lucky enough to get my hand on one of the makeup revolution Christmas gift boxes, I absolutely loved it came with such amazing items such as blusher, eyeliner, bronzer, nail vanish and lip glosses, but this post is all about the sculpt and contour kit.
 
 
The sculpt and contour kit comes with three different powders, a bronzer (brown), blusher(pinkish) and a highlighter (white).
on the make up revolution web page there description is written as follows:
 
"Achieve SCULPTED & CONTOURED Professional Excellence
Our amazing kit provides everything you need for a professional sculpted and contoured finish. This Multi-tasking Handbag Favourite does everything, to be used Together to shape, or individually to freshen up and brighten throughout the day.
Bronze and Blush Powders to achieve a precise contour, and new shades of our amazing HIGHLIGHTERS to finish by BRIGHTENING and illuminating"

 
the above text is written on the makeup revolution website and I can 100% agree with everything they say. at first the contour kit was a bit of a odd colour for my skin type but then I realised just how amazingly pigmented the whole makeup rev collection was, it made me realise that I was adding far to much bronzer to my brush and needed to apply it more delicate, the bronzer is rather brown but it looks amazing on and beautiful light once applied correctly.
 
you apply this bronzer is a down ward angel starting from the top of your checks following down the just underneath the check bone in the hollows of your checks.
 
the highlighter appears to be really white it you apply to much to your brush but theres a technique to applying this istead of brushing like strokes you brush the brush along really fast across the highlighter to gain some on the brush but not loads to make the skin a different colour, you apply this item to the hollows of your cheeks and to 0the none bronzed sections to give that highlighted contoured effect.
 
the blusher in my palette comes in a beige, pink which matches perfectly to my skin and doesn't make me looked washed out due to my irritable skin tone of pale and beige, its very tricky to match them u, but I've found a great item which works with the tone of the skin.


keep blogging
demi


No comments:

Post a Comment