Monday 3 November 2014

Dark to light colour change

Warning heavy picture flow 

For this you will need:
1.Bowl or applicator
2.Gloves
3.Bleach
4.Comb
5.Brush to apply colour
6.clips


Recently I've been so confused on which colour i should have my hair.  
You see i had brown hair and thought it was amazing but got very bored very fast and after a huge amount of debate with myself and family and friends i decided blonde was the colour for me. 

Before i applied the blonde i had a colour on my hair by garnier which was a 5.0 olia this dye is enriched with oils so it leaves your hair silky and shiny also very smoothed and nourished, but as this colour doesn't use ammonia this means the colour will be a lot harder to remove as it contains a deep agent to get hold of the hair, so i had to pick a perfect bleach that i new from experience would lift the colour molecules out and not need 5 or 6 bleaches,  so this Is where my favourite of all the bleaching products about which is wait for itttttt......  XXL LIVE ULTRA BLONDE. 

now most people wouldn't actually use this bleach to strip the colour out as some people have had horrible experiences with it,  but I've. Never found a problem during using this or after use, my hair still feels healthy and luscious. I am now going to show you the key steps in needing to get your hair blonde.
(This is not a professional opinion, this is my way) 

Step 1. Depending on the type of dye you have decided to use at home it's time to mix the peroxide and powder together. 
If you've decided to use box dye from the supermarkets or drugstores follow the images on the box and instructions given.
 if you've gone to a hairdressing supply's store and brought the colour you are best starting off with a smaller proportion of colour say 40g by 40g this will best keep the rest of the colour fresh and not throw any to waste you can reuse once your roots need doing. 

Step 2 sectioning.  When doing a colour change you need to be able to see where the dye is over lapping and over processing at all times or you come up with a uneven colour and being blonde that's never a good idea.
To begin with make a line from the middle of your forehead to the top of your crown then going straight to the nape of your neck (use clips to hold hair) then from the crown take a section touching the top of your ear (pictures below).


(These images do not belong to me purely for examples only source google)

Step 3. After you have created your sectioning pattern you will work with you then begin to take horizontal sections of thin hair so it looks like this. (See image above) 

Step 4. Depending. On your hair type you should start from the bottom of your hair to the top doing the roots last as they take a lot faster for example i judged my hair of the colour difference of my hair. for example my ends was almost black and towards the roots was lighter brown so i applied from the bottom up doing my roots last.

Step 5. Once I've. Used all of the bleach and coloured my hair i use the reminder of it and just slap it on my head massaging it in so the hairs all even.  
I then set my timer and wait for it to be developed.
(as i used a box dye it took 30 minutes)

While your waiting for your colour to develop please feel free to have a cup of tea and biscuits. 

Step 6. Once the timers gone off its time you wash your hair
I don't Need to explain how to wash hair everyone knows that
JUST MAKE SURE TO RINSE UNTILL ALL COLOUR HAS BEEN REMOVED.  

Step 7. Now this is done you can see whether The hair needs another bleach and in my case it did so i repeated the steps a few days later so my hair wasn't taking a beating all at once. 

                          (My hair after one bleach) 

Once i repeated the above steps and saw the colour of my hair after the second bleach i had actually decided it needed one more,  the coulour was incredible after 2 bleaches and i do like that iced yellowish tone, but, it just looked far too yellow for my liking so i rebleached it once more to kick some yellow out of my hair. 
 (After 2 bleaches, didn't look this orange lighting was bad)

After 2 bleaches my hair still feels incredibly soft and fully nourished It's amazing what the xxl stuff really does do even though you are fully ripping the colour molecules out of the hairs cortex its still protecting it with a smooth shine and healthy finish. 

As i had brown hair "as you all know", i knew my hair would take a good few bleaches so all in all i bleached my hair 3 times, i eventually got my hair to a colour which was tonable, here is my finished result.

i haven't yet decided what colour i want to tone it so for now my colour bleaching story is finished.  

Keep blogging guys 

Demi 

No comments:

Post a Comment